PC Minutes from April 8, 2016
Lindsay Deibler, PC Co-Chair
Nominations for Parent Council Board
- Robin reminded us that the nominations can be self-nominations and others are.
- Let Lindsay know if you are interested in any position.
- We will vote for each position at the meeting on May 13.
Teacher Appreciation Week – (starts May 2nd) Take a few minutes to appreciate our wonderful teaching staff at ABS! Don’t forget the specialists!
- Parent Reps will handle communicating this to families for each of the classes. Some schedule Monday-Friday activities (example: Monday- bring a flower for your teacher, Tuesday- bring a sweet treat, etc) Some class reps. just send a few reminders for families to remember to show appreciation in some way. Remember that teachers have filled out surveys of their favorite things!
- Sometimes Parent Council hosts a breakfast during this week. More information to come.
Field Day – last day of school
- We brainstormed the issue of parking for volunteers.
- Maybe Winston Cup Museum, Funeral Home, Church, etc for parking.
- Each class has a station/game to manage.
- Information will be coming soon for class reps to begin planning.
- This fundraiser is for adults and is a really fun way to raise money for all sorts of wonderful programs at ABS.
- This event features many local artists and includes a live auction, silent auction and “100 for $100” portion of the night.
- Food and drinks included in the price of admission.
- We ask for several volunteers to support the event for set up, clean up, and event management during the event itself.
- There are many local artists paired with ABS faculty or staff or families and so many wonderful pieces to consider.
- May 7th 7-11 pm.
- It’s a great event to bring friends (Girls Night Out or Date Night!)
PRINCIPAL’S REPORT: Robin Hollis Principal, Vending Machine Paige Raper Asst. Principal
- We spoke about this during our last meeting.
- The vendor is working to change their program so that the location chooses what is available in the vending machine.
- The vendor sent us a list from Novant Health with recommendations based on the items they have in machines at their locations.
- We are waiting for the vendor to let us know about the new program before we make any changes/decisions.
- We have not heard from the drink vendors yet. Water is available in the machine along with sports drinks, etc.
Upcoming 8th grade performance is a free event, however 8th grade students will have priority tickets for family/friends to enter first.
May 24 will be the first day of EOGs- Remember that ABS will need a large number of proctors for each EOG day. More information to come in early May.
ABS Board of Directors Meeting: Tuesday, April 12, 5:45-7:00 pm, 7th Street Building
Parent Council: Friday, May 13th, 8:15-9:15 am, Resource Room in MLK Building